Magda is a poet, witch and scrap-gardener…
Born and raised in London, Magda is currently living in the mountains of Colorado, on unceded Ute land, where she is apprenticing on a seed farm. Her passion for climate justice, plant-based education are matched by her interest in tarot, traditional food practices and witchy shit.
She writes Scrap Kitchen a weekly newsletter that delves into foraging, climate adaptation, food waste and tarot. Sign up to receive a Monday morning dose of recipes, plants and justice…
The Comeback Kid- Refresh Mag
An opinion piece about recovering from burnout, reassessing priorities and moving forward. Written for the burnout theme.
Gardening on Grey Days- Refresh Mag
Long form piece discussing the power of plants and reconnection with nature in dealing with mental health.
Antonym Lit Mag
A poem about conversations with the sun, written for the Blood and Water Issue.
Three poems about familial connections; lost found and remembered.
Latest Scrap Kitchen Newsletters
- Wasp stings, edible flowers and market stalls. Recipes for hollyhocks and how to save their seeds…
- Scrap Kitchen 22- Attempts at camping, mushroom foraging and chats with young farmers
- Scrap Kitchen 21- Bramble soup, winter planning and purple cauliflower
- Scrap Kitchen 20- San Fransisco, glaring wealth inequality and actually free food
- Scrap Kitchen 19- Train travel, tinctures and
- Scrap Kitchen 18- Football, Omega 3s and the stuff in between